Monday, November 26, 2007

CHRISTMAS CRAFTS

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!!!
Yes I am, in amongst the chaos of moving, surrounded by boxes and general shambles and trying to get into the Christmas spirit, I have been steadily crafting for Rachael's Christmas Special Day at her The Rose Room this coming Saturday.
Having never made Tussy Mussies before, here are my first two efforts -`Totally over the top' I hear you say , and that is possibly true, but when I found all my Xmasy craft things, I
felt that this would be a great way to cull, and yet have something to show for it.
So armed with my Hot Glue Gun and very little stitching, I thought I would share my efforts with you
I had a lot of varying sizes and shapes of boxes. ( I love boxes), I started to cover and embellish them - they also look good on the inside -this one worked out so well !
These little numbers are Sooooooooooo cute, I removed all the tin foil off a roll and cut them into rounds, made bases, lids etc and stitched a small hinge

My green models, there is such fabulous selection of fabrics - what is a girl to do? but go purchase some more
I shouldn't have... but both the green boxes are made with new fabric -couldn't resist!!
The advantage of living close to my daughter, is that I am able to raid her torn , vintage linens, so next post will be a showing of the covered boxes made with vintage linens and laces that I have used

6 comments:

roseroomnz.com said...

Crrrikey, those tussies are a bit flash. They are going to put the others to shame!

The Nostalgia Fairy said...

Lovely boxes, really festive. I'm mad on boxes too, can't ever have too many boxes!!!!!

Jane said...

Hi Liz, thanks for stopping by and leaving your kind comments on my blog. So happy to know our escapades up here in Scotland are keeping you entertained. It is a great place to live.

Your Christmas boxes are fantastic - someone is going to be very lucky this Christmas receiving one of them.

Looking forward to seeing how the new home is getting on after seeing your unpacking day!

CIELO said...

lovely boxes....

Cielo

Mary said...

Love the Christmas goodies Im feeling festive looking at them!

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz, thank you for visiting our Blog and your lovely comments! It's lovely that you have moved closer to Rachael. We understand completley about the move, we are surrounded by boxes with no energy to unpack them!! Just taking a short break to catch up on some blogs, well better get back to it, Hope you see you again! Jenn and Jacqui