Thursday, November 29, 2007

BOXES , BAKING AND PAINT PROJECTS

I simply have to get Broadband, Dial Up is taking forever to load, , and to view other Blogs is so slow and frustrating!
But, I have been very busy, still crafting etc for The Rose Room's Christmas Day this Saturday.
The three boxes are all made from Vintage linens, that I cunningly sourced from Rachael's stash!
Raised eyebrows is the only reaction I got when I showed Rachael what I had made with her precious fabrics and laces -- but all for for a good cause was my justification
A covered heart box with recycled laces, vintage linen and silver Christmas trim.
I know -this one is `over the top!'

This one is pretty, the cluster of flowers on the lid is made from crochet pieces that I cut and armed with my hot glue gun, I ruffled and gathered them .
Indirectly this really has nothing to do with craft, but I had spent the afternoon in my garage painting, and when I went out to photograph the pieces later - I felt two pair of eyes following me, my inseparable Tabby cats. The flash has caught their eyes!
This is what I was painting for Rachael's shop -work in progress!
I have also made for The Rose Room's Christmas day these little Cointreau and Cardamon mini cakes -it took longer to fashion the embellishments etc than to make the actual cakes
Very easy to make, and they are baked in small, clean spaghetti tins which I use every year
Finally.... this is fabulous, I also up-lifted this from R's garage, tossed in a corner, covered in dust , some of the cane had unwound, so with hammer, tacks and a can of Royal Blue paint -YEHHHHHHH - more raised eyebrows!!, but doesn't it look wonderful?








5 comments:

roseroomnz.com said...

It all looks fab Mum, just to let you know locks are being changed so as you can stop 'stealing' my stashes:)

Carol said...

Hi Lizzie thank you for popping into see me.
Your crafts are lovely. I enjoy making things too.
xx

Be Inspired Always said...

Wonderful crafts.

Thank you for commenting on my blog and the compliment towards my book.



Jillian

Alchamillamolly said...

Hello there thanks for popping in saying hello and for the tea and sympathy about the move or the staying still at the moment as tis known. I have some friends in NZ they live in the Bays area. My husband retires in 4 years and we going to visit your country with his 'lump sum ££'!! I love your green boxes they are lovely will add you to my blog so I can see you settling in (with envy!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lizzie, you have been so busy making all these gorgeous things! Lucky Rachael :) Now how is all the unpacking going? We are just beginning here ....Jenn and Jacqui