Wednesday, November 21, 2007

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN DOING

Yes, moving day finally arrived, and while my daughter Rachael over at Rose Room was primping and preening for Natasha's prom, I was unpacking and trying to fit the contents of a very large Town House in Nelson, into a very small Apartment in Auckland.
Plus relocate my two beloved cats!!!
Anyway...................... the very large truck arrived carrying my belongings, I haven't seen them since early August -it felt like Xmas -well sort of.
Where to start????
Above photo is the upstairs bathroom, those huge cartons contained towels and general bathroom goodies, my next post will show just how pretty and girly I now have it
The kitchen and lounge!!!

Another shot of the lounge.
Order has been restored finally, I have even dug up some gardens, new top soil, and presto I now have herbs and lettuces planted.
Never again, this has been a huge move, but I love my little house and am already planning a few changes
More next time, and perhaps a photo of my cats, Martha the naughty girl cat has already caught her first bird, from being a beautiful loving domestic cat, she does have tendencies of a serial killer!




8 comments:

Mary said...

Glad you are finally getting settled in your new home. Good luck with all the unpacking

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi Liz,
Thanks for visiting me at the Prom....what fun we all had. I don't think Rachael is 'over the top'.....she is a girl that knows how to party!!!!

Is her mum a party girl too?

Have fun moving in. I think it would be very exciting getting to set up house all over again.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

roseroomnz.com said...

Who have you been telling I am over the top, don't be ridiculous! Anyway, its just the sweetest little house you have:)

bluemuf said...

Have a good time unpacking and making your new home YOU. I look forward to seeing more pictures.

Hugs Karen

Artifax said...

So glad you are getting settled into your new home. It will be exciting to see how you transform it as you go! Have fun unpacking!

Is that a heated towel rack I see? You lucky girl! I would kill (well almost!) for one of those in the chilly winter mornings.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the nice comment you left on my blog. Lovely to hear from new people. I don't envy you all the unpacking but I'm sure you will have everything sorted out soon. I love your cats. Tabbies are my favourite.
I'll be back to visit you again soon.
Cheers, Jenny

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz,

This brings back memories. It is amazing how many things you have forgotten about when your possessions take a while to catch up with you.

I do hope that you are soon unpacked and feeling at home.

It is always a pleasure to see new visitors to my blog ~ thank you for visiting and do call again soon.

Marie x

The Nostalgia Fairy said...

Hi Liz,
Thanks for visiting me. Hope your unpacking goes well and you settle in quickly. Moving house is such a huge task isn't it? I still have stuff in packing cases in my loft after moving almost 4 years ago !!!!