Friday, October 26, 2007

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!

IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS!
Two parcels from overseas in one week.
Just look at these gorgeous works of art from Karen at Bluemuf and Catie at Catien & Co.
It is sooooooooooo exciting getting parcels from afar, and the fun of opening them - I always feel like a small child again, the anticipation and everything that goes with receiving mail.
The first to arrive was from dear Karen at Bluemuf -just look at the lovely stickers on the envelope!
....And the oh so tasteful card that was inside -clever Karen!
And finally the most delightful dress that Karen made for me. On beautiful crisp white card, with red cord, sparkly stones and petite beads, this is truly gorgeous and I just love it.
Thank you dear Karen.
A few days later another parcel arrived, this time from Catie at Catien & Co - if you pop over to Rachael's latest posting at The Rose Room you can see more of what was inside.
Catie so generously sent a selection of fantastic goodies for us to play with, plus this awesome gown!!,
Beautifully crafted on Vintage wall paper, and laden with the most gorgeous JEWELS, all complimenting the colour of the paper that Catie used.
Thank you Catie, this is truly amazing
Receiving such lovely dresses has more than compensated for my awful week, brought on entirely by myself.
I very foolishly put my name down at a huge local Hardware Warehouse for casual work counting items for their stock take.
mmmm!! My poor back, hands, in fact every limb is still aching from crouching down, bending and trying to be enthusiastic as I counted and bagged Coach Bolts, Washers, Screws, Nails, Sandpaper used for grinders etc-
I can hardly believe that there are hundreds of varieties of items for the building industry, and to add insult the hourly rate was pathetic.
A huge learning curve maybe, but not one I will be in a hurry to repeat.



10 comments:

Natasha Burns said...

How fantastic Liz! I've received goodies from Karen and Catie-Ann too and they are both so lovely!! Lucky lucky you!!!

bluemuf said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the little dress.

Hugs Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz, how nice of you to stop by our Blog and thank you so much for your lovely comments!! We enjoy Racahels Blog, and now we can visit you! Love that little red and white dress, it's the cutest shape! Have a lovely week Liz! Jenn and Jacqui

Mary said...

Lovely dresses and hope your aches and pains better

Artifax said...

More lovely dresses! Beautiful!!

Hope you get some time in a spa for your aches and pains. A girl needs pampering after working hard! :)

Alison Gibbs said...

Lizzie, what wonderful goodies you got in the mail.The paper dresses are gorgeous. I know I enjoyed making mine for the recent paper Dress swap.
Alison

CIELO said...

Hi Lizzie.... Thank you for stopping to smell the roses at my site. What a wonderful way to make friends this is...

Nice meeting you

Cielo

CatieAn said...

HI Lizzie
I am so glad you like your dresses, Karen's is so darling.

hope you took lots of 'me' time after all those hardware items were counted!! catie

Gracie said...

Thanks so much for coming by my blog! Yours looks so great! And packages are always so much fun to receive. I hope you have had some time out after your experience =)

Gracie

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Hi Liz !!!
Im having a CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY....Pop on by and enter your name!

Hugs,
Shann xo