Friday, October 12, 2007

Wrought Iron Progress

Yeeeeeeeeeeh!!!!

Shannan from across the Tasman Sea at Paint Mine Pink has received my paper dress swaps

Check out her amazing Blog site and her awesome Etsy, she has the most beautiful things for sale, and of course all hand made!!!

As promised, an up-date on my foray into sanding, undercoating and painting and making the seat covers for old (JUNK) wrought iron, well, that is what I first thought, when Rachael instructed me of her requirements.

I am so glad I didn't throw out the `old painting clothes' from when we painted The Rose Room

Who would believe the finished result?????????????
The one is painted white, with a pretty blue patterned seat cover.
............... and the cream one with a green patterned seat cover
BUT WAIT, there's more, this is this afternoon's effort!!!!!!!!!!!!! secretly I have quite enjoyed restoring these, which is good, because in the garage there is more pieces (still no room for the car)
Rachael is going to hang her Halloween Tussy Mussies for The Rose Room's window display.
I am off to Christchurch tomorrow, to have some special time with an old School Friend, we started school together when we were five and have remained best friends ever since.
Be back on Thursday





6 comments:

roseroomnz.com said...

Nice job Mum! Thanks

Barbara said...

HELLO!!! those pieces you painted are soooo fabulous! (i have the PERFECT SPOT FOR THEM!)...Thank you for your comments in my blog! I love old laces! and they just seem to gravitate to me! heehee...THAT IS A GREAT THING!
I hope you stop by again soon!
BARB

bluemuf said...

Great job Liz. The pieces are lovely and turned out well. Have an enjoyable trip

Karen

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

hee hee look at you hard at work Liz. And yes GOOD JOB indeed.
Thanks for the kind words too. You are too sweet.
hey my hubby is a kiwi and he is flying out to NZ on Thursday. His brother is getting married in Hamilton. If i was coming i could visit you guys! Oh but wait...are you on the other island? I dont know.

Anyway, have a lovely time visiting your friend, hopefully your paper dresses will be waiting for you when you return.

Hugs,
Shann

Artifax said...

They turned out just fabulous!!

roseroomnz.com said...

I'll have you leave your comments to your very own blog site that and stop casting nastursims on mine!