Monday, October 8, 2007

Paper swaps

SWAPS - I am so proud of these, especially as this is my first SWAP ever and to give a sneak preview of what I sent to Shannon - I do hope she likes them. I was sorry when I had finished them as I wanted to do more:):)

It is a wet afternoon, hence me playing on my Blog, I should be ironing or making a pie for dinner, or changing out of my ghastly painting clothes.
I am covered in paint, as one of my Retirement projects was to `jazz' up the many pieces of old wrought iron that Rachael has, she makes me nervous as I like to sand and undercoat first, but she is more relaxed about preparation than me ( I am of the OLD SCHOOL) and I sense her disapproval as I am sure the projects would be long finished, but..............................! to quote my mother and Rachael's Granny, `if a job is worth doing, then it is worth doing well', so I go with that.
The Land Agent phoned me this morning, yes..............the Apartment is mine on the 2nd November -yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!

6 comments:

Mary said...

Glad everything is going so well for you Mary

bluemuf said...

liz, the dress are beautiful, you are really doing well with these.

Karen

Alison Gibbs said...

Your dresses for the Swap are gorgeous.
Alison

CatieAn said...

hi lizzie
the paper dresses are so darling.
how wonderful you will have your own space. I am sure rachael and stella and babes will miss you and you them.
But there is nothing like kicking off your shoes and taking a nap or working on projects when you want to. congratulations.
catie
i will be sending my dresses to you both on monday since i am waitng for payday
catie

Artifax said...

These are just gorgeous!!! Love all the beautiful details and embellishments you incorporated into them! And I love the ribbons you added for hanging - what a soft, glamorous touch!

I'm so glad you are having fun in the paper dress swap!

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Your paper dresses turned out beautiful!
Donna