Sunday, December 2, 2007

FAMILY STUFF

I did it, yes I really did it.

I entertained for the first time in my new Apartment.

I kept it simple, and invited family so as to practice , as I knew they would be forgiving if it didn't go to plan.

But look at the flowers, Babes -my son-in-law's grandmother and his Aunt arrived with this beautiful bunch, and the red gerberas had pretty sparkles on the petals.

The peonie roses were a gift from my dear daughter-in-law, they should be at their very best in a couple of daysso........ what did we eat?

I have produced this before in Nelson, and is always great party trick, the chickens cooked on Beer cans -yummy, the chops and sausages were for the children, but I did spy some of the adults having some
Rachael carving a chicken, and my daughter-in-law concentrating on serving her salad!!!


My grandchildren, the Princess doing something with Nana's drapes -cute.

My three grandsons, Handsome Taila 14, and the twins Rueben and Riley 7


Spot the new outdoor furniture -it was a glorious summer's evening, so we were able to have pre-dinner drinks outside, (a rather cunning cocktail to begin with.

Plus the bonus of dining outside also.

I am pretty happy that I achieved this, and will now have the confidence to go on and entertain more.

I do like having `at home's' - it is always so satisfying to see your guests relaxed and enjoying themselves -that is what it is all about, sharing and having fun

I am going to Nelson tomorrow night for 24hours, sadly it is for a funeral.






10 comments:

roseroomnz.com said...

hee hee:) yes it was nice thanks Mum. Where is the photo of the boys then??

Carol said...

Hi liz thank you for popping in to see my blog, it is lovely to meet new paople.
You meal looks superb!
You have a lovely family.
I will visit again.
Hugs,
Carol x

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz,
I love family days together they are so special,you have a great family and neat trick with the chickens.
Sorry to hear about the funeral though take good care x

roseroomnz.com said...

I have given you an award!

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz, well done, entertaining in your new apartment so soon after moving in!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Well, your dinner party looked like a smashing success! I am sorry to hear about the funeral. Drive safe.
Penny

Be Inspired Always said...

That meal makes me wish I was invited. :)




Jillian

Artifax said...

So glad you are all settled into your new home! And your meal looks absolutely delicious!!

bluemuf said...

Hi Liz, It looks like your dinner party was a huge sucess. The chicken looked so yummy.

Hugs Karen

Natasha Burns said...

well done on the entertaining achievement!
chicken cooked on beer cans??? haven't heard that one before!