Tuesday, December 18, 2007

GASP -GASP!!!!!!

DAY FOUR AND FIVE OF OUR ARTFUL CHRISTMAS SWAP
I have to say that every day is worth getting up for -I lie in bed for a while contemplating the day, and then suddenly I realise that Santa has been, a quick fumble for the specs, and down the stairs at a rapid pace, followed by my two cats, who are hoping the speed is actually for their breakfast -but alas -they have to wait while Mummy opens her gift.
DAY 5
Oh -dear Holly, how did you mange it all , this is absolutely stunning, the most gorgeous magnet capturing the very essence of our swap -the little picture in a mini tin of a hand and the words `creative art' sealed in resin is beautiful, the bag that Holly chose is all colour co-ordinated -I love it
DAY 4
As some of you will have read on Rachael's (Rose Room) blog, this is her gift and one that she wasn't happy with, but the most important fact it was made when she was at her absolute worst -her Arapax withdrawal -everything was an effort, and believe me this was `A Labour Of Love' as she struggled to be inspired -but isn't it great? - she is too hard on herself .
I have it hanging on my dresser and is `pride of place'
Now, you will be wondering what this GORGEOUS piece of fabric is doing here, well, if you recall I refurbish and paint pieces of old wrought iron for Rachael, and I had a little stool all ready for the fabric and this is what I chose:):)
mmmm -` I hate it' said the daughter, it isn't `Shabby Chic' , but oh well, it is your project, soooooo, what to do, well the only thing to do was to go and purchase some more.
As I wandered up and down fabric department, terrified that whatever I chose may not be Shabby Chic, in desperation I grabbed ( irrespective of the cost) what I hopefully felt was `the suitable fabric, armed myself with the heavy duty stapler and ---- is this Shabby Chic or not?
I didn't tell Rachael that I had had a change of HEART, and just left this on her doorstep -the reaction!!!! "Oh Mum' she says "it is beautiful" she enthused, as I breathed a sigh of relief.
All is not lost..........................
Watch this space
Won't this hideous old, but comfortable Computer chair look fabulous?







4 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Liz, I look forward to seeing the makeover on the computer chair.
Alison

Sandi McBride said...

Are you using the lovely blue to cover it? It would look fantabulous in that! I loved all your gifts...such a pity postage has gone so far out of sight!!! I'd love to send friends things all the time, lol
Sandi

Sandi McBride said...

Oh, and I forgot to tell you how much I just LOVE Hamish and Martha...isn't it funny how cats always tell us there names? Somehow, they send it to us telepathicly!

roseroomnz.com said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm