Thursday, December 20, 2007

JUST LOOK AT WHAT SANTA DELIVERED TO MY HOUSE

Oh my goodness this is `A Blast' -our Northern Hemisphere gals certainly know how to produce wonderful and extraordinary gifts
Day 6, and I was up with `The Larks' so to speak -not quite, but just look what Martha from Canada made.

The packaging was remarkable -brown paper and tissue paper sandwiched together and `stitched' yes that's correct -`stitched' - with a gorgeous silver star with 6 stamped on it
Carefully , I tore open just a little bit to reveal - just adorable - a little broach that has been also sandwiched together with delightful patchwork fabric with a little wading between and randomly over -stitched, a vintage piece of lace surrounds the picture and the words `She Loved to Sew' Thank you Martha - this is awesome and I shall wear it on Christmas Day.
Day 7 -ooooooooooh ! I slept in, cats starving, and I am in panic mode to get to the Christmas tree.
Oh, the card from Pat is beautifully inscribed with lovely words
What does one say to this? a work of art - I have never seen anything like it -clever, clever Pat'
There are six little pages depicting the sea and beach, and it folds out, the entire theme is of The Sea, complete with fishing net (can you see it?)
shells, photos, gorgeous stones and even a mermaid - incredible and a huge thank -you.
I don't want this swap to ever end, it is such fun and I would recommend this to anyone.
Day 8 tomorrow - mmmm - I wonder what is in the parcel!










4 comments:

HFS said...

Its all so lovely, Christmas transported across the world,cant wait for the next one.! HFS

Sandi McBride said...

You mean you are allowed to do ANYTHING before the cats are fed? Just what voodoo do you do that affords that luxury? I can't even brush my teeth or turn the coffee pot on till their Lord and Ladyships have been fed...or as we call them around here, The Ships...I love it when Christmas travels around the world...just like Santa Claus!

bluemuf said...

This looks like such a fun swap. Did you know that it's listed over at Art-e-zine
http://www.art-e-zine.co.uk/new2007.html

Scroll down to December

I'm enjoying all your gifts

Hugs Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz, it has been such fun to see all these wonderful things being revealed, such talented ladies out there!! Merry Christmas Liz to you and your loved ones, we hope your day will be filled with love, joy, peace and happiness. And your first Christmas in your new apartment, rather nice ! Jenn and Jacqui