Saturday, December 22, 2007

TWO MORE SLEEPS -TWO MORE GIFTS!!

Yes -it really is nearly over, but what fun it has been.
I have to show you this, as I mentioned before -I have had Stella (The Princess) to visit me, and we do lots of Nana things together -yesterday we finished the gifts that I have helped her make for special people in her life - but I did wonder why my box of tissues had suddenly been reduced!
I just happened to be tidying up around under the Christmas tree, and obviously `The Family' were in need of a rest, as Mary and Joseph have some very nice new bed linen, even pillow cases, and Baby Jesus isn't quite in his manger, but is nicely tucked up with a cut up tissue paper pillow case and sheet - this is such a special time seeing little girl of 4, carefully putting `The family' to bed. -her very own interpretation of Christmas fuzzy stuff!Day 8 arrived, ( I am going to miss this early morning ritual), and a very nicely packaged bag, and beautiful tag from Vivan at vivs-whimsey. blogspot.com
I have recycled the wood shavings in a gift basket for my daughter-in-law (thank you)

Oh -this is gorgeous, a lovely Christmas ornament for my tree, all sparkly and glittery with `Glisten' inscribed on the front -he is just so cute -thank you Vivian -he is hanging on my tree.
Down the stairs I ran for Day 9, and what can be in this beautiful tin?
Rashell, what a lovely tag, but oooooooh!
The photo says it all -I love it, and it fits perfectly, and the little `gate' catch is so, so pretty -thank you so much Rashell
Lucky, lucky Nana -The princess stayed with me last night - it was so cute, we sat in our jamas before bed with a nice cup of hot Milo each, then a story and prayers and she went straight to sleep -good girl Stella .
She knows `the drill' as she told me to get the camera for present 10 , she has been assisting opening Rachael's gifts each morning -see Roseroom blog
This is a beautiful, paper craft Christmas ornament , and the packaging was lovely, brown paper , with newsprint and vintage lace, the photos don't show it very well, and the little Christmas tree decoration is delightful, with a little cherub in the centre, thank you dear Stefeani -I am not sure where you are from -will need to consult with Rachael.
Sooooooo...... tomorrow is Christmas Eve, still lots to do, but I have already made a `New Years' resolution and that is to DIET!!








6 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Liz, thanks for stopping by my blog. What fun having The Princess stay over. You and Rachael have been getting some lovely things in your swap.
Have a fun christmas with your family.
Alison

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Liz :) Jenn and Jacqui

Sandi McBride said...

Merry Christmas Liz, what a lucky Nana you are! Nothing like a Grand Daughter, is there? Hope your family is well and that Santa is good to you!
Sandi

Vee said...

Followed you here from Sandi's blog. Oh my! I've had a nice laugh over the holy family taking a nap. Now if the rest of us just could!

Natasha Burns said...

Have a lovely Christmas Lizzie!!!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Oh Lizzie, that bed of tissues for the nativity figurines gave me the warm fuzzies - how very cute!!
Family is what makes Christmas perfect. Hope you enjoy your celebrations.
Hugs,
Kerryanne