Friday, December 14, 2007

THE BIG DAY HAS ARRIVED

Oh I am just so excited , yesterday the parcels for `Our Artful Christmas Swap" arrived from Holly in America, and because they were both addressed to Rachael at The Rose Room, we were able to open Day 1 together.
This has been a huge project for Holly to undertake, just the sheer magnitude of sorting, co-ordinating, and posting to different countries has been an enormous feat, so a huge thank you and special hugs for HollyOh, just look, extremely urgent on the big box and inside a special message from Holly and now to the contents.............oooooooh! what can be inside?
Day 1 is from dear Chris, all carefully packaged in a CD Mailer Box, with pretty pieces of coloured strips, but the contents, oh my goodness!!! - Rachael and I just stared at each other in wonderment , beautiful mini sheets of Festive paper, a wish list, a gorgeous pin which I shall wear on Christmas day, a divine concertina card with special messages that was clipped together, and just look at the next photo of a Christmas decoration that Chris has obviously made
I already have this hanging on my tree -how special and personal, the photo is of the front and back
Now here are the pressies en masse - all ready for me to open each day, this is so gorgeous and I am so glad that I participated in this swap.
For a change of pace, and because I am now into the Christmas spirit, I went outside my Apartment and photographed, what we in New Zealand call our native Christmas tree, the Maori name is Pohutakawa, isn't it amazing ? this time of the year the country side is amass with these beautiful blooms .
This is what I look at from my doorway.
I awoke this morning, so excited and the first thing I did, bleary eyed was to open Gift 2 from Dear Melanie in Germany -yes all the way from Germany via America. Melanie chose the most gorgeous purple hues for her wrapping paper and ribbon, look at the fabulous peg, that too will have a special place on my tree.
But - what is inside the wrapping??
This is amazing, the most beautiful hand crafted little note book, that has been bound by using some type of bamboo sticks and then woven through the pages, and just look at the cover.
I am so lucky and I just love my gifts, I cannot wait until tomorrow, no, that is not true because Day 3 is my contribution, but lovely to have one of mine back, how good is that?? sent from N.Z. to Holly in America and then all the way back to N.Z.
Another up-date in two days time.,
It is rather humbling to receive such beautiful gifts from afar, all so beautifully chosen and hand crafted
Thank you Dear Holly.






5 comments:

roseroomnz.com said...

Exciting isn't it!

Natasha Burns said...

wonderful things Lizzie! I must get organised next year and do one of these, they look like way too much fun!

Sea Angels said...

I just love your swops, I have done a few now and although they are very hard work I just adore them. I have mede really good friends from doing swops. You have a lovley blog and I will be back to visit again.
Have a super week
Lynn xx

The Nostalgia Fairy said...

Your swaps look lovely and your native Christmas tree is just stunning. Love your sweet cats too. All moggies have the ability to get comfy just about anywhere don't they?
Take care,
Sandi x

Sandi McBride said...

What lovely items...and I'd kill for that tree! I'm already planning on looking it up and reading about it...what is the weather like in Auckland right now?