Sunday, December 16, 2007

GIFT 3 AND THE PRINCESS

Day three arrived, and even tho' this is the gift I made for `our swap' I couldn't help but be a wee, bit excited.
I have realised that we `Down Under' need to `show and tell' a day later , because we are a day ahead and don't want to spoil the surpriseAnyway , the little bag that I made, is felted from pure N.Z Merino wool, I lined each bag with pretty red Xmas fabric and sandwiched the bag and lining with blanket stitch.
The front has a very nice motif which was appliqued and the little bag was embellished with trim and min-buttons.
A Xmas tag was included.
This is a hideous photo of me, but here I am, many months ago felting my fabric to make 12 bags for `Our Artful Christmas Swap'
FUZZY STUFF
This weekend has been so very special as I have had the Princess -my grand daughter Stella ( Rachael from The Rose Room's daughter) on Sat; and Sun; afternoons
I am helping Stella make some very special, little gifts for very special people - wink- wink
I, of course I cannot show you what she has made.
This is what ` The Spirit of Christmas ' it is all about, and I felt so proud of this little dot as she carefully made the little gifts, and wrapped them all by herself with minimal help from Nana!
Above is Stella also making a frame from leaves and flowers from my garden, this was to take home to Mummy and Daddy, and all this is from a 4 year old -clever girl!!
She was also a helpful girl, she was not at all happy with the position of A Very Old Nativity Scene' which has seen better days, but this was my Mother's and I simply have to put it out.
At one point Baby Jesus was in the Christmas Tree with Mary trying to find him!
She made the `family' their own special house
She also re-arranged my Christmas gift swaps, not happy at all with the way Nana had arranged them!
I have the advantage of having Day 4 displayed -you will all love it as clever Rachael made it.
I am off to do some Christmas shopping in temperatures of 25 c





6 comments:

Mary said...

Lovely Christmas things. You have to scrape the ice of your car before you could go shopping here! Its cold!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz, how lovely to spend time with gorgeous granddaughter Princess, she is so cute and looks like very creative too! Jenn and Jacqui

bluemuf said...

What a fun weekend you have had. Spending time with Princess and starting to open all your swap goodies.

Hugs karen

Sandi McBride said...

I have this little note that says "If I had know how wonderful Grandchildren could be, I'd have had them first"...She is a little beauty...my little beauty is 8 years old...I think she has a definite artistic bent, lol...thanks so much for coming by to see me...I do love my British Empire Friends...I'll definitely be back...have to go check on your "older posts" to see what I have missed!
Sandi

roseroomnz.com said...

Great photos, Mum:)

Unknown said...

Oh everything is wonderful!! You are so talented! I am so happy you came to visit me :) I adore your daughter and the Princess is beyond gorgeous!

Hugs and Merry Christmas!
Amy