Thursday, February 7, 2008

I AM BACK

Yes I am finally back, and how bad is this?
I simply couldn't get my act together, like applying for jobs, submitting endless resumes, cover letters and simply trying to maintain being well groomed, smart, intelligent and articulate!!!!
For those of you that don't have Broadband, you will also understand that every post, takes ten + miniutes, and to visit other Bloggers has been equally frustating, BUT...... as my dear Mother would have said to me `Patience is a Virtue' as I have scored myself a Dream Job, that also pays for my Broadband connection
To upload the photos for this Blog post took exactly 1min -in the past it would have been about 10!!!
So, what have I been doing in the last month? , interviews of course, but I have also been assembling my swap, Mermaid and Seaside -hosted by Dear Michelle at Hold Dear, it has kept me sane , and certainly has taken my mind off seeking employment and all the related stresses.
Interesting, as I actually thought I was going to retire, but the reality was, that I simply could not sustain my rather lavish lifestyle, so only one thing to do GIRLS, and that was get a job.
This is what I finally sent to Michelle in California, and I have to say I was totally inspired , maybe has something to do with that fact that New Zealand is mostly Coastal, so plenty of ideas.
I felted this with Merino woool and made a small and heavily embellished bag in a seaside theme.
The box has been covered and altered with a New Zealand Paua fabric, and I stitched the mermaid in calico, and attached her to the box lid, I also uttered many oathes in the process, as soon as I had cut her shape , I knew I could have done it far more easily -oh well -next time.
The Princess (my grand -daugher) thinks that it is her hair, but I cunningly snipped some off a DOLL
You may ask -what are these balloons, but on Wednesday, we celebrated a Public Holiday called Waitangi Day, it just so happened to be the day I have designated as my FUR CHILDREN'S Birthday, so I put on a family lunch,, and this may surprise you, but they actually received gifts, like cat biscuits etc
Shattered after their Birthday celebration!!!
It is good to be back, I have missed all the comings and goings of my dear Blog friends, but I am now organised, and my new job is panning out so well, worth every dollar!






17 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Welcome back Liz.
Hope you are enjoying your new job.
What beautiful creations you made for the swap.
Have a great weekend
Alison

Sandi McBride said...

Liz, welcome back welcome back welcome back! I'm so glad that Martha is all recovered...looks like she is doing quite well! Happy birthday to the Furbies!!! Congrats on Broadband, the dream job...and your creations for the swap...you've been a busy girl...they're lovely
hugs to you and the furbies
Sandi

Sandi McBride said...

Liz, in answer to your question, I'm including a site address so you can see for yourself, maybe get some ideas for crafting etc...http://gardenhouseflags.com
if that doesn't come up, just go to search and type in garden flags, you should be able to find them...they're just decorative little flags for the flower garden or veggie garden...I've a family of sweetpeas flag for that this spring!
hugs
Sandi

ShabbyInTheCity said...

That felted bag is an absolute work of art! Is there an etsy shop in your future???

Mary said...

Lovely things that you have made Liz and welcome back. Good luck with the new job Mary

bluemuf said...

It's so nice to have you back Liz. I'm so glad you like your new job and the wonderful things you made for the swap are fantastic. I love the felted wool bag. Happy birthday to your fur babies.

Hug Karen

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

Happy Birthday to Hammish and Martha!
What a lovely bag, I adore the colours!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Good morning Liz! Welcome back to blogland, we have been thinking of you a lot! Your new job sounds wonderful, we are so happy for you, like you said endless interviws, resumes, it's a whole new world out there ! lol Broadband is amazing isn't it, expensive but worth it! Your creations are lovely, love that NZ fabric! And Happy Bithday to your gorgeous kitties :) Take care Lizzie! Jenn and Jacqui

Artifax said...

Welcome back! Congrats on the new job and the broadband! And Happy Birthday to your furry children!

Sea Angels said...

Brilliant you got it!!!! how fab is that, I am so very pleased for you Liz. xxx
I loved all of the pretty swops, you are so creative, I think it is me that should come and sit next to you, not the other way round..you could give me some job tips as well, loads of hugs WELL DONE.
Lynn xx

Naturegirl said...

Welcome back! I appreciated your comment when you came by on my winter wonderland walk with me! Soon I'll be walking in the desert and will post about it!Your art work is wonderful..cool blues! Aww...love the fur babies..first thing I noticed on your sidebar was their portrait!
purzzzzzzzzzz to the kitties! hugs NG

H ennA said...

Hello Liz!
Nice to hear from you again! I wish you lots of luck with the new job! Aren´t those lovely..your cats!
The snow is gone, we´ve had sunny weather today and it´s spring in the air...but as always, it can change really quickly.

I wish you many joyful moments!

Hugs / Anne

The Nostalgia Fairy said...

Hello Liz,
Great job, beautiful creations and lovely cats - what more can a girl ask for!!!!!
Sandi x

Anonymous said...

Hi Lizzie Happy Valentines Day, hope you had a great day :) You know we are always a little late for everything lately !! Jenn and Jacqui

roseroomnz.com said...

Awesome craft work Mum. Cats party was fun!!!! Your daughterxo

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

ok, I'm "peeking"! I hope you like my stuff too! I'll wait alittle bit before I post them!

Sea Angels said...

Hi Liz just wanted to see how everything was going? is the job still good, and did your swop work out ok.
Thinking about you, have a super week.
Lynn xx