Saturday, March 8, 2008

MY FABULOUS BOX OF GOODIES

I am `The Worst Blogger' in the world!
Just so very busy, but I simply had to post.
Look what I received from the so very talented Michelle at Fairy* Dust *Dreams in California.
I have been house minding at Rachael's as THEY (the family) were in Fiji sunning and relaxing, One morning when I dashed home to feed my cats -this box on my doorstep!!
Oh my goodness, the box of goodies for our Mermaid and Seaside swap -this is too exciting !
This special hand written card with a special message
Where do I start? there are so many packages, all wrapped in tissue paper and tied with pretty wools.This is incredible, and so very different - the Northern Hemisphere girls are amazing.
I was so lucky to have been matched to Michelle - come with me and look at the contents of this....
A book/box filled with wondrous goodies, just look at the mermaid comb, the dear little shells, gorgeous fine glitter, a bracelet, and a jar of buttons and beads.


A fantastic altered journal with a very sultry mermaid and the pen is covered in beads .
NOW!!! yes my very own ` crown,' and Michelle asked me to photograph myself, as believe it or not, there is a battery behind which FLASHES --oh this is too much !!!
It is hard to catch the flashing crown, but trust me, it does. This has been embellished with shells and JEWELS!
This is the ingenious comb - a kitchen fork , heavily embellished. and just the thing for any self -respecting mermaid
And pretty, pretty beaded CORAL, and just look at my new BLING,
This wire basket was filled to the brim with fabrics, threads, ribbons etc, a treasure trove of delights.I seemed to have missed a few other bits, a gorgeous jar with a T light, lovely seaside photos on cards.Did you spot the dear wee mermaid dolly, and the cup cake pics? Dear, dear Michelle, thank you, thank you, this has been such fun, and I feel so incredibly lucky to have been your partner, I am sure this very generous box of treasures is a true reflection of your talents and work.













14 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh what fabulous treasures you got in that box.
Lucky you.
Alison

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

I'm glad you liked everything! Have you seen the movie the little mermaid, a disney flick? the fork comb in the movie was called a "dinglehopper!" I hope you can use everything!

I look forward to keeping in touch with you!

~Michelle

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

Lots of fun goodies in that parcel! You'll be able to wear the crown to do your housework and still be The Queen of The Sea, although your kitties might think you've swam over the edge! But what fun.
Glad to hear you've found a job to earn a little extra pin money.
I bet it's beautiful there right now? We had 15+ inches of snow yesterday and it is a winter wonderland once more.I will
pretend it's sand along the seashore instead.
Send some NZ breezes my way!
~Susan

Naturegirl said...

Absolutely the best box of treasures!! Love the crown!!
Lucky lady..great sharing hearts out in blogland!! Thank you for commenting on my Arizona road trip!! More is coming as I'm here for 2 months!!hugs NG

bluemuf said...

Oh my!!! Your sea treasures are lovely. The crown is amazing.
It was so good to hear from you, how is your job going?

Hugs Karen

ShabbyInTheCity said...

That was a great swap idea, wasn't it?! Looks like you got some fun goodies.

Artifax said...

Oh, wow - what fantastic mermaid treasure! Have fun with all your under the sea goodies!!

roseroomnz.com said...

Cool goodies Mum, what you sent Michelle was also wonderful, you should post about that, after all you have all the time in the world . . .xo

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

great goodies!! so cool!! xo Britt :-)

Mary said...

Thats a lot of gifts! hope you are well and have a good Easter

Sandi McBride said...

Hi Liz, just checking in on you, hope you are well. We haven't seen you in a bit, so was a bit concerned.
Sandi

Sandi McBride said...

You are a lucky blogging girl! What beautiful treasures. So glad to see you back
Sandi

Sandi McBride said...

LIZZIE...I AM SHOUTING HERE...WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU GONE? I've come in daily and just see that box of goodies...nothing new from youl...what gives? Missing you
Sandi

Sandi McBride said...

Okay Liz my girl, how loud must I scream to let you know that I am becoming quite worried over your absence now? If I had an email address you'd be getting one, but in the mean time, I hope you are well
Sandi