Thursday, January 10, 2008

THE LAST TWO DAYS

I am sitting here watching T.V. as the many tributes flow in from all over the World, following the death of our beloved and respected Sir Edmond Hilary.
An Ambassador for our country and such a statesman, he will not only be remembered for Mt Everest, but for what he did for the People of Nepal.
My ex; actually tramped there 8 yrs ago, and he too was caught up in the beauty and humility of the Nepalese people , a country that needs (like so many) our help and resources.
I still correspond with `Guide Nim' who always starts his emails with Namaste -such a beautiful word
This is not what I started off to tell you, but January must be the month for dramas, as I woke two days ago to find my beloved Martha ill, and dribbling.
Quick call to Uncle Leon (Our new Auckland Vet)
She had horrific mouth ulcers , plus some WAR WOUNDS!!!
Of course all of this meant a night in Hospital on what Uncle Leon called `SUPPORT", plus $$$$$
Not a happy girl, but she is home, having created mayhem in Hospital, trashed her cage, tipped over her water, and generally performed I was told.
Her husband Hamish (not to be outdone) also needed to be photographed, he hates it when his `missus' is not here, as he loves her dearly, and the reunion is something else again, much ear washing and grooming of each other before they retire entwined, legs, arms, tails around each other.
In amongst the chaos, I am being interviewed for jobs, ( secretly I don't want to work", but the reality is I need to, mainly to sustain my rather lavish life style, so.... I have thrown myself into the job market with astonishing results, firms, etc are actually impressed, but the hassle....
I now have, is my `interview' uniform, the pressure is on to look immaculate, impressive, well groomed, and above all confident - I am shattered, as I would much rather be in casual, and here I am teetering into interviews , made up to the max, not a hair out of place, legs shaved! heels that are killing me, trying to look slim and trim , that I haven't put on weight and that any prospective employer would be foolish to overlook me.
Watch This Space


20 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Lizzie, I have just been watching tv and hearing about Sir Edmond Hilary.
Where is Uncle Leons bill allowing him to holiday later in the year???
Good Luck with the job hunting.
Alison

roseroomnz.com said...

Yes . . .

Sandi McBride said...

Lizzie, I too was saddened by Sir Edmond's death but so glad that your baby is recovering...hope she continues to do well!
Sandi

Sandi McBride said...

I forgot to tell you that my white and black, Peanut was sick all last week, had him to Dr. Lawhown twice and now that he's well, he's taken off out doors to see if he can get his head handed to him by the all the time outside cats...he's been trying to make the break for two days now...normally he goes out and makes sure that they all smell his breath (he gets canned three times a week) so they'll know how privileged he is to be a mostly indoor baby...and they say animals don't think! They always seem to be thinking to me, and late for an appointment...again, hope Martha is all better now!

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz,

Thank you for stopping by. When my eldest went to D.C. in 8th grade we say the Hilary exhibit. It was quite impressive. I am a cold baby, being from Calif.
Glad to hear your kitty is doing better. I have quite the animals myself and I know how much they mean to you.

See you again soon I hope,

Karen Eileen

Unknown said...

Liz,
I am so sorry for all that has happened!!! And you poor kitty :(

I wish you luck with the jobs and hope you get the one you really hope to get!

I wahted you to know that your comment on my blog meant the world to me. I am truly glad that I was able to get my feelings out and talk with so many understanding women! You are all the very best!

Love and hugs,
Amy

Naturegirl said...

Lizzie firsr of all I want to say that I read through your profile and admire you for leaving your ~comfort zone~..very brave so with this next journey of looking for a potenial job I am sue you shall land one that you want.Holding you and your fur baby in my prayers that all will work out! I enjoyed looking at the love hugs of your fur babies on the right sidebar!
NIce meeting you..hugs NG from Canada with 2 black fur babie girls.purzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz, we are also saddened by the death of Sir Edmond Hillary. Just reading all about it in the newspaper today. So sad. Poor darling Martha! We hope she is back to full health very very soon!! Trashing her cage, ooh!! Liz we wish you every success in your new career, we just hope it does not you away from blogging!! Have a lovely Sunday Rachael! Jenn and Jacqui

bluemuf said...

I'm so glad your sweet little kitty is getting better. Good luck with your job interviews. I know you will do well and you never know...Exciting adventures may just be around the corner.

Hugs Karen

H ennA said...

I wish you a so much better year 2008 than you had last year, sorry to read about your not so happy moments of -07. Hope your cute Martha is recovering well.
All the snow is gone..once again. It´s a bit frosty on the ground and oh my...the sun is shining!

Have a lovely time smelling the roses!

Hugs / Anne

Sea Angels said...

Hi Liz yes Sir Edmond, do you know that until I heard it on the radio, I did not know he was from your beautiful country...wow I suppose he was such a humanist I never really wondered what country he came from....great man, kind man.
I agree... working is ....well can be hell..so you have my absolute sympathy, but I do hope you get a job that you will end up loving, it does make a big difference. My way round it, is to work for only 4 days, and have a three day week end it's really worth the loss of money, if you can do it.
Well have a fab week, andgive Martha a cuddle from me, cats are soooo the best.
Hugs Lynn xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz, oh we must be getting so tired so early in the year! Fancy calling you Rachael, we saw Rachel's image next to the comments area and got all muddled, a mum and daughter mix up!! So sorry Liz, please forgive :) Jenn and Jacqui

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Oh Liz i hope your sweet Martha is doing ok now. Poor poor kitty, but im sure that both you and Hamish are looking after her very well.

good luck with the job hunting. Knock em dead!

Hugs,
Shann

Artifax said...

Oh, what a week for you! So sorry you had a sick furry baby on top of everything else. But I'm glad she is back home and feeling better now. I wonder whatever left those war wounds - fight with local wildlife?

Hurray for you for braving going back into the formal work world. I loved how you phrased your quest in your post - I could so envision everything. You are a terrific person and any company would be greatly blessed and lucky to have you!

Here in America prospective employers are more and more reading applicants' blogs and social networking sites to evaluate them. A frightening trend, but true.

Sea Angels said...

Hi Liz how did the interveiw go?
I just thought I would pop by to wish you a super weekend.
Hug Lynn xx

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

I hope your poor kitty is ok
xo Britt

Sandi McBride said...

How is Martha doing? Just checking in to see!
hugs
Sandi

CatieAn said...

hi lizzie
poor baby and poor you having to fret about her. I am hoping everything is back to normal. I think i ready you got a job on rachael's blog SO CONGRATULAtions hoping to hear all about it soon
catie

Mary said...

Hi Lizzie
Hope you have had luck with the jobs Thinking of you but I'm sure you will do well

Sandi McBride said...

Lizzie, just checking in to see if you're okay, how is Martha doing? Seems you've been away too long...
hugs
Sandi