Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I have been so looking forward to hanging up my new 2008 Calender
Just look at the artist!
Yes, indeed -it really is a self portrait of Stella (The Princess)
How special is that?
I simply had to order one
It came complete with little stickers to put on important dates, but I thought Stella can help Nana with that task.
The family have gone to The Beach for nearly a week, so I am busy, popping over and feeding their cat and watering their gardens, but today I decided that this would be a good time to make my list of objectives and projects for the year.
Number 1 on my list was....................
Do you remember this? I have previously posted the saga of my old , but oh so comfortable computer chair!
YeeeeeeeeH -yes, yes, many tools and the heavy duty staple gun, I am so pleased with the effort.
I have been idling away a few hours today at various Blog sites, and for so many, January seems to be the month of lazing, reading and a general wind down, although I am very tempted to begin Project 2, and that is to sort and cull the many photograph albums that one collects over the years.




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz, you are very handy with the staple gun, great job!! Gorgeous self portrait of The Princess, she is such a happy girl :) Hope you have a wonderful New Year in YOUR new Nest!! Jenn and Jacqui

Alison Gibbs said...

Great make over on the chair.
Princess Stella is an artist in training.
Sweet calendar.
Happy New Year.
Alison

Sea Angels said...

Hello Liz, actually I think it is a really good idea, and your chair looks super. My chair is most definatley up for a refit, if you did not live the other side of the planet, I would most likely be round pronto!! begging with some delish cake to bargin with and some fabric, and one very sad chair, shame about that. Love the picture as well Wow Princess Girl, I just adore the confidence and colour, you should photocopy it and use it for inviations, or cards, scrummy.
Hugs
Lynn xx

bluemuf said...

Hi Liz, Happy New Year and 2008 is going to be a great year.

Love your chair make over and of course your beautiful Calendar. That is so special and you will have fun with Stella adding in all the important dates.

Hugs Karen

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Liz!!

What an adorable calendar!! Stella is quite the artist! I would have been excited to put that out too!

Hugs,
Amy

Sandi McBride said...

Good job on the chair Liz...I have an old single size Iron Bed in the shed and soon as it warms up again I intend to strip the ugly green paint off and take it back to it's natural iron...may put a bronze wash on...I love Princess Stella's artwork...she'll make you rich one day!
Sandi

H ennA said...

Oh, I´ve forgotten to buy a new calendar..Your new calendar it´s just adorable!Your chair looks inviting :-)
It´s started to snow..:-)

May your day be glorius!

/ Anne

roseroomnz.com said...

Chair looks good.

CatieAn said...

hi Liz
i love what you did with the computer chair. It is great!
I wanted to thank you for signing up for my giveaway and linking it to your blog! You are in both drawings. Good luck!! the drawing is in two days!!!!!
catie