Saturday, September 22, 2007

BUSY -BUSY AND MORE

Well, it has been a week since Rachael's shop opened and I really have to wonder what I have done all week.

With Rachael at the shop, I have caught up on Housework -boring you might say, but I actually enjoy it.

On the craft scene we have been busy making out Paper Doll swaps, they seem to get bigger and better, but they are now all ready to post, one tends to get carried away with embellishments, and we now have Rachael's husband `Babes' taking an interest in what we are producing - he is now using the word `embellishment,:):) we think he likes the word.



This is a very bad photo of me, but I am making my own felt from Merino wool slivers, to be used for my Xmas swap project, time is marching on, but I have made four, only eight to go!!!!!

In amongst all of this activity I am house hunting, although the family don't seem to mind me living with them, I do feel I should be pro-active in searching for something suitable, a small apartment would be good, but I feel I need to have extra space for all of my craft and needlework, I have a little here with me, but somewhere in the depths of a storage container there are many boxes and bins of absolute essentials!

6 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Good to hear the shop is going qwell. It will be fun for you to have your own space when you find somewhere to live. Don't forget to post some pics of your paper dresses before you post them off.
Alison

roseroomnz.com said...

Congratulations on buying your very own home Mum! xoxoxoxoxoxo

bluemuf said...

Good luck hunting for your new home. It will be an adventure seeing all the neat places out there.

Karen

Leslie said...

Oh, another from New Zealand! I just told Rachael that I was there in February, and LOVED it! Started in Auckland actually and reluctantly left from Queenstown three weeks later.

kattz*cottage said...

Hi Lizzie!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I'm happy to meet you! I enjoyed reading yours & making felt sounds so interesting. I would love to see your paper dresses! Embellishment really is a cool word!

Enjoy your day!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hi Lizzie,
I really like your paper dolls and I wish I would have gotten in that swap. I love the swapping.

I have never heard of making your own felt. I feel a tutorial coming on lol. I am so glad you found my blog. I am not crafting today, I am going to make some candied Jalepeno Jelly for Christmas presents, I hope it turns out.
:) Bren
http://benzy55.typepad.com/my_weblog/