Wednesday, September 5, 2007

HAMISH AND MARTHA

I do need to share with you, my cats. They are nearly two years old, and just the ordinary variety - tabby models.
They are not siblings , we got Hamish first, but felt he needed a playmate, so off to the SPCA and chose a female about the same age -this was on our Vet's advice.
If cat's could talk !! Hamish's face was one of pure delight -he instantly `Fell In Love' she was a little slower to reciprocate, but it has been ` A Marriage Made In Heaven' -they are inseparable, hardly ever apart, much ear washing and grooming of each other.
This brings me to why I am telling you about my beloved cats -for the last year I have become (amongst other things) addicted to wet felting, and have made many items, but like everything, you end up with the bits left over
I have been felting this afternoon, getting pieces ready for my Xmas swap project
I used the crazy patchwork method and hand crafted their personal duvet, the result has been received with much enthusiasm, and Martha has recently had a stint at Vet Hospital, so the duvet went with her.
Many comments especially from members of the Emboridery Guild that I belonged to, there are many envious cats, whom I am sure would love their own pure merino duvet to sleep on.
Thank you to all who have viewed my blog, I can see that it could be addictive, as women the world over have much to share.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Love the cats and their own duvet!Ours sleep on anyones bed/knee/sofa or wherever they want,after all they own us not us own them!!

bluemuf said...

The cat are so sweet and I love their duvet

Karen
Bluemuf

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

What sweet cats you have!! I love their "oh so chic" duvet. You have such a lovely daughter!

Heather

ShabbyInTheCity said...

That is just about the sweetest thing! I love that felted wool pad for the kitties to smooch on!

Artifax said...

What adorable kitties!! Love that they have their own special duvet!

CatieAn said...

i love your kitties. what a 'fat cat's pad' in the duvet. how fun