Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I have been busy as you can see - this is my very first posting, and I am keen to see if I can actually do this on my own as Rachael is still in bed asleep.

I am making these dolls for Rachael's shop, she has bins of lovely old vintage laces and doilies, and I have been allowed to fossick, but she watches me very closely to make sure that I don't take her `good pieces'

They have been fun to do, and of course the idea came from the swap dolls, and although I hate using glue, (I prefer to stitch), the end result has been spectacular -have thoroughly enjoyed making them.

If this is a sample of what my Retirement means -then I see fun times ahead.



Today is wet, and I am going north to a place called Orewa, this will be the first time that I have driven in Auckland traffic, am a little nervous, as Nelson where I previously lived has about two lanes only and very moderate traffic compared to Auckland.

I can only get lost, annoy other motorists as I creep along, the mobile is charged, something that I am hopeless at, and the big thing will be to remember to actually take it!! :):)

9 comments:

roseroomnz.com said...

Hi Mum, Congratulations on doing your very first post, all on your own! I know you will have so much fun with it!
Lovexoxo

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I'd say go ahead and use the 'good stuff'- when the product turns out that cute, it is worth the spurging!

Alison Gibbs said...

Congratulations on your first post. Be careful it is addictive. Lucky you are in retirement and you can play away all day.
Alison

COLLS GARDEN said...

Hi Lizzie, welcome to blogger. Beware, it is addictive. There are so many ladies out there (excuse me, gents too), who share the same passions and who love to share their lives & thoughts with us. It is a wonderful world. Come visit me when you get time.
Coll :-}

bluemuf said...

Great first post. Welcome to Blogland. You are going to have so much fun. The black and white dresses are wonderful

Karen
Bluemuf

Artifax said...

Congrats on your new blog and on your first post!! Welcome to blogland!

Those dresses you made are just beautiful! Love all the lacework!

Mary said...

Congratulations on your blog Its such good fun and its great getting to know people from all overthe world Mary

Natasha Burns said...

Hi Liz,
Wow your creations are amazing! I can see where Rachael gets her creative flair from!!! How wonderful that you are so close and creative together! Welcome to blog land, enjoy!
Natasha : )

CatieAn said...

hi lizzie

congratulations on joining blogland!! I started in april or so and I cannot tell you how many wonderful women there are out there who love to create and share!
come visit me. I think we are the same' vintage'
your dresses are so beautiful and creative. how lucky you are to be able to share so much with rachael
catie