Monday, September 10, 2007

WINTER PROJECTS

This winter I had fun making these hats, so simple to knit, but the best part was you actually felted them in the washing machine after the hat was complete.
The first one I did for myself, and very nervously I ran the hot water into the machine with a pair of jeans (that is what the instructions said)
I kept lifting the lid in fear and trepidation to check progress, and to my astonishment the result was fantastic,.......... from a very large knitted hat.....................
.......... to this!! I felted an extra piece, and fashioned a flower to attach to the brim.
I was so pleased with my first effort, I made one for a very dear friend's birthday

This time I was lucky enough to find a silk rose, which complimented the lovely mauve/pink hues perfectly.
They are so, so warm and snug for our cold New Zealand winters, and I just love wearing mine.
Isn't blogging such a great medium for sharing ?


10 comments:

bluemuf said...

Liz, the hat is beautiful. It's so amazing that is felts so well

Karen
Bluemuf

Alison Gibbs said...

Liz, what gorgeous hats. Where on earth did you learn how to do that?
Alison

blessings said...

Oooo, I love that purple one with the rose!! Blessings... Polly

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Liz, thanks for visiting my blog, Thanks for the offer of the hat pattern. Maybe if you let me know what book it was from I could look for it here. I would love to try and make one.
Alison

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Oh Liz i just love those hats! I am such a hat person. You are so clever ! Thankyou so much for popping by my Blog. I will visit you often.Oh and i see you are a fellow Cat Lover **smiles**

Hugz
Shann

Mary said...

Hats are really lovely

Artifax said...

Gasp! These are so wonderful! And I love the flower accent - it's just perfect!

Isn't felting fun? And so addiciting :)

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

YAY Liz you are my Swap partner for the Paper Dress Swap woo hoo

CatieAn said...

hi liz

your hats are beautiful. do you sell them? I don't knit and i know that is one craft i won't take up. I can't keep up with everything else i do!
catie

Barbara said...

Your hats are soooo beautiful! I do have ONE CORRECTION...there is NO SUCH THING AS SIMPLE KNITTING...!!! lol...my hands just don't work that way! I can sew up a storm but knit? NO WAY..LOL